Monday, June 21, 2010

Maxwell Planck Diet

I have been considering trying the Maxwell Planck diet - I hear it works wonderfully. It is as follows:

Diet Sheet of the Max Planck Diet which was apparently suggested by the Max Planck Institute:

Day 1 of the Max Planck Diet
. Breakfast: As much coffee as you like. No sugar
. Lunch: 2 boiled eggs, spinach (slightly salted)
. Dinner: 1 large grilled steak or 3 fried beef steaks, salad and celery

Day 2 of the Max Planck Diet
. Breakfast: Black coffee, no sugar and one bread roll.
. Lunch: 1 large steak, salad and any kind of fruit
. Dinner: unlimited amount of cooked ham

Day 3 of the Max Planck Diet
. Breakfast: black coffee, no sugar and one bread roll
. Lunch: 2 boiled eggs, salad and tomatoes
. Dinner: cooked ham and salad

Day 4 of the Max Planck Diet
. Breakfast: black coffee, no sugar and one bread roll.
. Lunch: 1 boiled egg, raw or boiled carrots and Swiss cheese
. Dinner: fruit and plain yoghurt

Day 5 of the Max Planck Diet
. Breakfast: carrots with lemon and black coffee
. Lunch: steamed fish and tomatoes
. Dinner: 1 steak with salad

Day 6 of the Max Planck Diet
. Breakfast: black coffee and 1 bread toll
. Lunch: grilled chicken
. Dinner: 2 boiled eggs, carrots

Day 7 of the Max Planck Diet
. Breakfast: Tea with lemon juice
. Lunch: 1 grilled steak, any kind of fruit
. Dinner: whatever you like!

I have a few troubles with this though - Because of my arrhythmia etc. I cannot do caffeine. I have also always heard that it is very important to have breakfast as it kick-starts your metabolism for the day. I have never eaten eggs in my life but will give it a go.. I think the whites are better so will forfeit the yolkes (which are the icky part any way). The other thing is I have always been taught to eat at least 6 small meals a day. This diet appears to have three main meals (although I guess you could subsitute some parts eg. fruit) for snacks.

Intersting fact: When I was doing the Weigh-Less Diet I did actually manage to loose a kilo! Not easily, mind you. But it IS the only time since Baba was born that I have lost ANY weight - and I ate alot on this diet!

Why don't I continue with the Weighless Diet ?
I found the weighing and preperation of foods very time consuming and tedious. I really really enjoyed the food though! There are also many pasta meals on the Weigh-Less Diet which became problematic as I have a very low tolerance to resisting pasta! I inevitably ate too much (even if I portioned it)! I also don't believe pasta to be a great food source - refined and all. I don't think Wholewheat Pasta is all that much better either. Carbs such as Sweet Potatos are the bestest and potatos fine too :)

I don't think I will follow the Maxwell Planck Diet to the T, but will follow the basics and keep it posted and see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment